U.S. dollar bills

Dollar bills
Currently, dollar bills are manufactured in seven denominations: $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100. These bills are printed by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, which has two offices in Washington, D.C. and Fort Worth, Texas. All U.S. dollar bills are similar in color and are the same size (156 x 66.3 cm), making them easily interchangeable. The paper of the banknotes is made of 75% cotton and the remaining 25% hemp. [The $100 bill features Benjamin Franklin on the reverse side and Independence Hall on the reverse side; along with the $10 bill, it is the only bill without the president\’s portrait on both sides. The $100 bill costs 14.3 cents to print, and bills of this value circulate for an average of 15 years. 17]

The bill is nicknamed the Grant bill because its face depicts Ulysses S. Grant, the 18th President of the United States. The reverse side of the $50 note features the U.S. Capitol. This bill was also first printed in 1861 and cost 10.6 cents to print.

Twenty-dollar bills account for about 11% of newly issued bills. The bills have been in circulation for an average of 7.9 years. The reverse side bears the portrait of the White House and the reverse side bears the portrait of Andrew Jackson, the seventh President of the United States.

The obverse of this bill depicts Alexander Hamilton, the first Secretary of the Treasury. Interestingly, it is the only bill with the portrait figure facing left. The reverse side depicts the Treasury building in Washington, DC. The production cost of each of these bills is 9.9 cents, and they have been in circulation for 4.5 years.
americké usd

The obverse of this bill has the portrait of Abraham Lincoln and the reverse side has a monument to this former president. On average, bills are used for 5.5 years before being replaced with new ones.

The $2 bill is the rarest of all bills, with only 1% of new bills of this value being issued. The obverse features a revised image of the Declaration of Independence by Thomas Jefferson and the reverse by John Trumbull.

The $1 bill is the most common bill ever issued, with a portrait of George Washington on the obverse and the U.S. national emblem on the reverse. The average circulation period is 5.8 years.